Much time and effort goes into upkeep of your building. Upgrading utilities, structural maintenance, appliance upkeep, landscaping, servicing the heating/cooling system, testing and maintaining smoke/carbon monoxide detectors, power washing, painting, refinishing, upgrading, replacing, and so on and so forth. An area that’s often forgotten is preventative pest control. Pest prevention will always be too late by the time you realize you have an infestation, but One Man & a Ladybug can help you stay one step ahead.
Why Do You Need Preventative Pest Control?
- Pests reproduce rapidly: Left unchecked, pests can quickly become a problem. One pair of mice can produce 200 offspring in four months. A queen ant lays eggs continuously. Cockroaches create a new capsule filled with eggs every six weeks. The best way to keep a handle on pest population is to have routine pest control services performed in your building.
- Pests pose a health threat: Common pests bring viruses, bacteria and disease into your home. Mice carry hantavirus, listeria, salmonellosis, tularemia and lymphocytic chorio-meningitis; they also introduce parasites (fleas, lice, ticks) into your building. Ants transmit bacterial and fungal organisms that are serious disease pathogens. Cockroaches are a reservoir for a range of bacteria including salmonella, staphylococcus and streptococcus.By treating pest prevention as a priority, you show that you value the health and safety of everyone on your property.
- Pests damage property: Some pests will munch on furniture, clothing and other fabrics. Rodents like mice gnaw through cinder blocks, aluminum siding, even concrete, and can burrow through walls to chew through the insulation and electrical wiring. Many pests can also seriously compromise the strength of wooden building structures. In warehouses and other commercial buildings, especially for food-related industries, there is great concern about the loss of product due to being eaten or contaminated by pests.
- DIY solutions aren’t enough: Store-bought or home-made remedies take care of the surface of a pest problem, but often miss the underlying causes or the pests that have hidden away. There can also be some risk to yourself and those around you when you handle the many chemicals, poisons, and mechanical traps without the right knowledge or experience. A pest control professional can identify the source of the problem and offer the best and most efficient solutions.
- Prevention maintains property values: If your pre-sale building inspection reveals a pest infestation, the asking price may be lowered. Regularly scheduled pest inspection services by a professional can save thousands of dollars in possible damages and devaluation to your property.
- Peace of mind: By keeping insects and rodents out of the building, regular pest control services allow you to relax and focus on what matters rather than what’s crawling into the building.
One Man & a Ladybug Pest Prevention Services
When it comes to preventative pest service, One Man and a Ladybug strives to provide above and beyond services and reporting. This is what sets us apart:
- Consistently scheduled inspection and maintenance services for your home or business. You’ll always know when to expect them!
- A single technician is assigned to your building who will become familiar with your property’s needs and the preventative measures that have been or are currently in place.
- You will receive a report after each visit, detailing what measures have been put in place and what potential and existing issues we recommend you take action on. Our technician will inform you of any problems they notice regarding your property.
- We arm our clients with the information they need to make the right decisions about their pest prevention and control measures.
- Protects everyone on your property from illnesses carried from pests and potential injuries incurred by damage.
- Reduces loss of property, products, and revenue as a result of pest damage.
At One Man and a Ladybug, we deliver innovative and environmentally friendly pest prevention solutions to clients throughout Calgary and the surrounding area. Contact our licensed technicians today to learn more about what we can do about your pest problems, now or in the future.